Monday, August 30, 2010

Give me something good to eat

Wow, it's been awhile since my last post. I've been busy cutting kits for all the make & takes that we've been doing. In the midst of all that, I made this shaker box using the Sizzix XL die called ornate box.I had a really hard time finding Halloween paper in August so I made my own using Hero Arts dot cling stamp which is one of my favorites. All the stamps used are Dandelion Designs. The glittered candy corn is a new Sizzix die that was just released and these were extras from cutting kits.
This past Saturday we did 2 make & takes and the first one was for Ben Franklin Crafts Pearl City's paper party. We made a candy holder using the scoreboard cupcake holder die and a new tombstone die that was also just released. And I can't believe that I forgot to bring the die so the ladies could cut out the letters.
The 2nd make & take was at J's. We made a Halloween scrapbook using a new die called fanciful album. The cover is actually black fabric and if you look closely, you can see the design on the material. We also used a new embossing folder with spiders.
It really added to the background. We used chunky white glitter on the candy corns which gave it a different look instead of using 3 different colors of glitter.
Still cutting kits for this weekend's make & takes. Thanks for hanging in there while reading this long post. Have a great week and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again this weekend!

7 comments:

Happy Honu said...

Love all your projects, and it really is getting me in the mood for Halloween. Good luck with all that cutting. Thanks for sharing :D

Joy said...

woo-hoo...you are on a roll with these creations for Halloween! I haven't even started to create anything. love these crafty ideas! have a great week!

ShaniKulani said...

great projects for halloween! doing a little here and there, but your inspiring me to jump on it again :) TFS!!

Janis said...

Wow! I missed some fabulous m&t. You certainly were busy. These projects look awesome. TFS!

Jenny said...

I like that fanciful album! When will it be available?

B said...

Oh what a fun set of make and takes! Love the shaker box! :) The fun album is fabby as well!

Denise said...

WOW Cheryl,
Looks like you have been busy creating away! I love all these Halloween creations! Hope you are having a nice Labor Day weekend.
Hugs,
Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...