Friday, August 06, 2010

Hi princess

Today is Friday but this is creepy Tuesday from TGF. She is one of my favorites from this line. I tried so hard not to color her clothes pink so I chose my second favorite color which is turquoise. I wanted to give this card that distressed look so I used my Tim Holtz distressing tool and distressed around the edges of the yellow paper. The background is a TH fades folder called "Rays". It looks better when you use white core paper and sand the embossed parts of the design.I pop dotted everything on this card to give it dimension. Sorry for the darker photos but there was no sun in my kitchen while I was taking the pictures.
I even made that corsage pin. I was in Walmart the other day and was so excited that I found a box of corsage pins and then I headed to their bead isle and bought some swavorski (sp) crystals and pearls and matching beads. I made a bunch of them in other colors.
I can't believe the weekend is already here. Seems like just yesterday was the beginning of the work week.
Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend!!!

7 comments:

Little C's Creations said...

Cute Cheryl!! Love the brights!! Have a blessed weekend!! Love your new blog look too!!

Hugs 'n Blessings,
Jen

Joy said...

ooohhh...love your princess! great card you made. love your coloring. now you have to teach me your technique on what to do! have a wonderful weekend!

Lynn said...

Another good job Cheryl. Love the colors and the distressed look. But just a reminder, BFC has beads too. LOL! I think I will experiment with less cutsey images. That goth/punk/scary look is growing on me. Is my age showing?

Unknown said...

Oooh...hehe...such a sassy looking princess! Great card! =)

Teri said...

Love the princess. I always migrate to pinks too, but turquoise is such a pretty color and she looks good in it. Neat technique you used. I like the distressed look.

Denise said...

Very cute! I love your coloring, so nice. That is one "sassy" looking image.
Hugs,
Denise

Michelle Alejandro said...

What a cute card! Those Creepys kind of creep me out, lol. Love your color combo and you can enter this into Tamiko's color challenge! Wohoo!

Hugs,
Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...