Monday, June 20, 2011

Wish you were here

I started this card off to be simple but then I started punching and die cutting and ended up with a whole background scene. Lol! Actually, I really love this new die called scallop circle 3-D pop-up by Karen Burniston. It is so easy to make a pop-up card with this die. There is nothing to piece together.I used Camera Brigitta from CC Designs. The white border on the card is a border punch from EK Success, the cloud punches are from Fiskars, the sun, banner and words are all cut from the Eclips machine. The grass punch is a MS punch and the red flowers are from an old Hello Kitty die.
I used glossy accents on her glasses and camera lens to give it a shine although you can't really see it in the photo.
I cut the acetate scallop circle pop-up from one of the textured impressions folder package since I didn't have any acetate paper. Now I wish I kept all those packages to recycle. I hope you can see in this photo how it pops up. Also, I used Tombow clear adhesive for vellum to attach the acetate to the card. You can barely see the adhesive through the acetate.
Here's what the Sizzix die looks like.
Thanks for stopping by today and hope your week is going well!!!

9 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Cheryl~
I likey this one ~ this 3D pop up card is gorgeous. And camera Brigitta is only perfect for this card. Luv everything you did on this card, perfect colors. She will indeed be on my wish list and so will be the Sizzix die.

kris said...

Fantastic creation Cheryl!! i love the whole scene!! Super cute! TFS.... =D

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so much fun!

Lynn said...

Yes, this die is fantastic! I started making a card with it but haven't finished it yet. Your card is sweet and summery. I like that you made a scene with a pop-up element.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Wow, such a colorful and happy card. Cuuuute!

Brenda said...

beautiful card! love the bright colors!

Cami said...

Oh how adorable this card is, Cheryl! I gotta go to the store to check out this new die! The new Brigitta with camer is so cute and I love the outfit you gave her. Well, I guess I head to town tomorrow! Thanks for you constant inspiration.
Hugs, Cami

JustYolie said...

Beautiful card, the image is so cute!

Janie Printz said...

This is adorable !!! LOVE that sweet little image & how you've propped her up. Must give that acetate a try ... Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs, Janie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...