Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sushi shaker and gatefold tutorial

I've been having fun with Lawn Fawn's let it roll stamp set. Yesterday I made a shaker card using the sushi stamps and sequins from Doodlebug. I used scraps that I had lying around my craft table for the card base.
These colors make me happy!
I've had some requests for a tutorial on the card that I posted on the post below. So here goes and I hope I can explain it so you can follow along. I saw a video on Stephanie Barnard's you tube channel showing how she used a stand up die set called "elegant stand up"and made it into a gatefold card. This is what the die looks like.
Cut 2 pieces of card stock - 8 1/2" x 5 3/8". Place base die faced down on your cutting pad and weave the paper through the part of the die that has the part that will flip up. Make sure that you place the paper over the bottom of the die and not under because you don't want it to cut through where it supposed to cut. Instead, it will make a slight fold line. And make sure that you stop the opposite end of the paper where it supposed to make a score line. Do not go beyond that line. Center it well. Cut each piece separately. Do not cut both pieces together as it will cut through the scored part of the card.
This is what your cut piece will look like after you fold it on the fold line.

 You can also use one of the die pieces to cut a piece of paper to layer on the side of the card.
Glue the 2 middle sections together, one piece on top of the other.
This is what makes the gatefold part. You can also decorate the inside of the card.
Here is how the card looks when you close it.
This is the finished card.
Email me if you have any questions. Hope you have fun making this card!!!
Have a great day!!!

6 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Love the happy colors of your shaker card and the smiley sushi. Too cute.

Lynn said...

Oh, thank you for the tutorial...now I get it! I love the colors on your shaker card too. Making only some of the sections shakers really is a great idea. The whole card is very well done. Thanks for sharing your skills and knowledge.

Creations by Shirl said...

I have this stamp set too, but haven't had a chance to do anything with it... Got it when it first came out.... I tend to have this awful bad habit, when ever I spy a die or a stamp that catches my eye I'll order it, upon receiving it, I'll toss the package into a plastic bin and get to them later...LOL! Sometimes I even can't remember that I had them. hehe!

Creations by Shirl said...

oops love your version, sushi is one of my fave to it!

Creations by Patti said...

LOVE the sushi card using Lawn Fawn stamps - so cute. Thanks for the tutorial on the gatefold card, too

Leanne said...

Love the sushi shaker card! Those LF stamps are so cute!
Thanks for the tutorial, the card turned out really cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...