Sunday, August 03, 2014

ECD accordion oval Christmas card

I've been working extra hours lately and I really wanted to make something with one of my Elizabeth Craft Designs dies so I finally sat down last week to play. Okay so, I must be uncoordinated because I had the hardest time figuring out how to put this accordion die together. No joke! I watched the youtube videos over and over to make sure I got it correct. Once I got it figured out, it was easy peasy. 
I used the new Sizzix triplits Christmas trees die set for all the trees. It's such a great deal because you get a total of 14 dies and you can make all these different Christmas trees.
Here's another tree from the same set. But I made this one into a card. The stamped sentiment is an older Hero Arts stamp. I'll probably make some tags for Christmas too.
I finally got to meet Colleen Kwan (another crafty blogger) who was visiting from the mainland. I wasn't planning on seeing anyone last weekend at the store. I just happened to walk in to drop something off and she was there shopping with her friend. So glad that we got to meet each other. She was so generous to bring us a bag of goodies. Thanks so much Colleen!!!
Hope you're all having a great weekend! It is so hot and I wish it would rain. Thanks for stopping by today!!!

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Cheryl! Wow, you sure did a fabulous job incorporating the ECD and Sizzix dies to create this colorful and cool Xmas card. Your 2nd card is sweet too. I really like the pink circle ornaments. And no kidding, the weather has been super humid in Hilo too. Have a great week.

Lynn said...

Whoa, you're doing Christmas crafting already? I love the colors you chose....refreshingly different for the holiday season. I haven't seen those dies yet, but I look for them. Yes,you know that I'm a die-oholic!

Micah's Crafts said...

You made a great card. Thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...