Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hello Kitty and tutorial number 2

Here is the 2nd tutorial using the same scallop envelope die from yesterdays post. This time I used the Hello Kitty embosslit die to decorate the box.I stamped the background paper with the Hero Arts houndstooth stamp. And the border punch is another MS punch that I bought from Ben Franklin Crafts.This box is skinnier and I stuck a post it note pad inside the box. You can put a bag of hershey candy bars inside this box. Here's the tutorial to make this box.Step 1: Cut 2 pieces of cardstock using the SU scalloped envelope die.
Step 2: Cut off 3/4" on the bottom of both pieces. I took the photo this way so you can see where I cut the piece off. Step 3: Put 2 way tape on both of the tab sides and also 2 strips on the bottom of the envelope die piece. You only have to put the 2 way tape on one of the pieces. Once again I used Score Pal tape to hold the pieces together. If you get a chance, try this tape out. You won't be disappointed.


Step 4: Join the 2 bottom pieces together matching it up at the score line.
Step 5: Join the sides together and you're done! Wasn't that quick and easy?
And since I was using purple cardstock to make this tutorial, I decided to finish decorating my box.
I used that houndstooth stamp again for my background paper. It's becoming another one of my favorite stamps to use right now.
Thanks for stopping by today and hope you're enjoying the rest of your day!!!

13 comments:

Denise said...

WOW, I love it! Especially the red & black one. Great job. Thanks so much for sharing & inspiring all of us Hello Kitty fans.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tutorial, Cheryl. Another cute Hello Kitty project for us to case.

Linda said...

Wow! That is an awesome houndstooth stamp! I thought it was designer paper at first! These boxes are super cute - thanks for sharing!

Fay said...

LOVE this skinny box! Thanks for sharing!!

Dawne said...

I love the purple one =} That's my favorite color. Thank you for posting them - I shall try it out.

Val said...

Thank you for yet another wonderful idea for the scallop note envelope! You are so creative!

Joy said...

hey Cheryl...you are on a roll girl! you are posting like crazy and doing all these wonderful tutorials! I need to try some of these! this is a great idea... wish I had this creative juices like you! love the purple!!! thanks for the inspiration!

Jodi said...

Very cute! I will have to try that one of these days!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Jenny said...

Love your ideas! I especially love the red one. Thanks again for a great tutorial.

Kyoko said...

I really LOVE these boxes, and I hope to make it to J's on Saturday b/c I have a list of things I want to get! Heehee... Thanks for sharing!

Teri said...

Wow! you are on a roll with these tutorials! When's the next one? haha! Love this box, now I gotta try it out!! See you at lunch today.

Michelle Alejandro said...

Wow Cheryl, this is so clever! Will have to try this one for sure! TFS~

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tutorial! This is such a cute project! TFS =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...