Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Hello Kitty paper towel holder

Today is my son's birthday and I didn't get a chance to buy him a birthday card (shame on me), so I made him one. Him and Grover go way back. I saw this stamp at my husband's store and I had to get it. He'll get a laugh out of this card. Besides, the gift will be in it.
And I know you're wondering about my title but it was the first thing that came to my mind when I tried to take this photo of the banner that I made.I couldn't think of a way to get this banner to stand up so I stuck it in the paper towel roll. Genius huh?

Here's a closer look of the banner. This die is actually called Mimmy. I never heard of her but I guess she's Hello Kitty's twin.

Supplies:

Sizzix Mimmy sizzlit die, Sizzix XL banner die, Cuttlebug swiss dot folder, cardstocks, ribbon and stickles glitter glue. And a chopstick to hold the banner.

Thanks for stopping by today and happy humpday!

5 comments:

Joy said...

this is so cute! I think you are totally right! it will make a great center piece for a birthday! you did a wonderful job on the color combo and putting the whole thing together. maybe for the party I wouldn't use the toilet paper...LOL! love your card too...my mom loves grover! handmade cards are so much better to receive...come on MOM! it's always the thought that counts =)

Joy said...

HSM3-High School Musical 3...those kids are so into that stuff. my daughter is one of them. I know what you mean...I am trying to keep up with the "hip" stuff...but I am always behind!

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

i love the banner too cute and all the matching colors. would definitely use it as a centerpiece...love the card grover is too cool...TFS

Little C's Creations said...

Honey, you not supposed to buy him a birthday card, because you have the talent to create one for him. It's cute!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Enjoli said...

I love that banner! Mimmy fits perfect inside of it. It would be a great centerpiece. The Grover card is cute too! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...