Monday, January 03, 2011

Year of the rabbit

Happy New Year everyone and I'm so glad that I was able to make something today. I've been having some problems with my neck again and wasn't able to do any crafting since before Christmas. Anyways, since this is the year of the rabbit, I wanted to combine a Valentine's project using an older Hello Kitty die, Kathy bunny for the rabbit.
The picnic basket is a new Sizzix pro die. I embossed the lid with a texture impression set called curlique & hearts set. The red medallion is a Tim Holtz rosette die.
You can put a bunch of goodies in this basket since it holds quite a bit.
I glittered the bunny and used glossy accents on the red heart to make it shiny.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you're having a great evening!!!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

you know i thought about getting the die when i stopped by your store this weekend, but i got some copics instead. now i really wish i had gotten the die instead. that's such a cute basket! happy new year!

~amy~ said...

absolutely a-dorable...hope that you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back. Hope you are feeling better. This die is so cute. Need to get it. Happy New Year!

SharonO

Lynn said...

I was wondering if you were on a trip because I missed your blogs. I'm glad you're better and obviously back to being the craft diva (the good kind) making adorable projects as usual.

Joy said...

I am so glad to see that you are back into the swing of things and being able to craft! love your idea to make this cute basket and use it for Valentines as well as create it for the year of the rabbit! such wonderful ideas! I need to remember that! hope you had a wonderful holiday season. here's to 2011~ more crafting, creating and inspiring! hugs to you!

~* steph :) *~ said...

super cute, cheryl! great for chinese new year and great for valentine's day! hope you are feeling better. thanks for sharing and happy new year! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

Super cute project! Thanks for sharing :)

eunice said...

Sorry to hear about your neck pains, hope you are feeling better! This basket is darling...perfect for Easter too! Love the colors you've used, and love that red medallion...it looks like a folded hearts border in the photo...how does that work....it's so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...