Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Weekend Recap

As usual, I'm late again in posting highlights of the weekend. Well, hope you all had a nice Mother's Day!!! I did and my daughter surprised me with this... She said she went to Watanabe Florals and picked the flowers and even the pink vase. She knows my fave color is pink. And I found a card tucked under the
comforter on my pillow and was quite surprised as I got ready for bed. The card brought tears to my eyes. It was a Hallmark moment.
My son stopped over on Saturday with a DVD player for my Mother's Day gift. He worked on Sunday so he wanted to see me before then. Both of my kids work on Sundays every year and I never get to spend Mother's Day with them.
My crafty sista Teri came over on Saturday and we spent all afternoon working on this Sizzix class project that my hubs had at his store last month. The Sizzix designer is just awesome and a bunch of ladies made this cute scrapbook album out of envelopes.We did this tutorial so you'll be able to make one for yourself. Check it out in a few days at his blog because I still have to work on the tutorial. You'll be able to buy the supplies from his store to make this project. Here's a couple of pictures of what we made.
And here we are trying to take pictures of ourselves.Can you tell whose holding the camera???
We had so much fun making this project that it took us 4 hours between all the talking, laughing and shooting photos for the tutorial. I was surprised that we even finished it. But we also made other scrappy items too.
And if you remember on one of my back posts, I
made a card for a make-it take-it coming up this weekend. Well, I changed my mind about the card and made this cute little scrapbook for the make-it take-it instead. The whole book was made using Hero Arts clear stamps and a couple of wooden
stamps. I will show the rest of the book on my next post.
Hope you're all having a great Tuesday! I have to get back to work because this post took longer than I expected.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Beautiful flowers! Sounds like you had a memorable Mother's Day! Love this MITI project you whipped up. I need to simplify when I scrap...can't wait to see it in person. Funny pics of us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...