Thursday, May 14, 2009

Almost summer

I love the new Sizzix Hello Kitty dies that just arrived in the store last week. This one reminds me of my beach days and all the summers that I spent laying in the sun trying to get a nice tan.I made this card in between cleaning up my craft room today. I could not believe how much stuff I actually cleaned out. Still have lots more to go. The problem is, I get deliveries everyday from UPS and everyday I'm trying to fit another big box in my craft room.

Supplies:

Sizzix Hello Kitty with beach towel, birthday #2 embossing folder, Hero Arts card, Hero Arts acetate, Sizzix flower dies and Spellbinders label one nesties.

Thank you all so much for the kind comments you left me on my previous post. I'm taking it one day at a time. I really miss my dad so much but I know he is in a better place.

14 comments:

Fay said...

Super cute card, Cheryl! Can't wait to get my hands on this die!! :D

Dawne said...

I like this position of the HK lying down. And esp her tan! So cute. Did Cliff tell you about the little craft he did at the store today? He was proud of his work! Ask him how much he going give you to post that on your blog! ;)

Jean said...

Your card came out sooo cute, Cheryl!!! I remember those beach days...we never even used sunscreen back then!!!

Sporty Stamper said...

Such a cute card! Makes we want to go to the beach with such great weather.

Cami said...

Your HK card is soooo cute! I like the cut out window treatment showcasing her sunbathing! Yep, those goold 'ole days of being young and basking in the sun! Can't do that any more, less wear a swim suit! My body's not cut out for that LOL! Boy, Sizzix sure has come out with so many fun dies! Pretty soon my room will look like J's! Have a great day, Cheryl and thanks for sharing again! Hugs, Cami

Jodi said...

She is soooo cute!! I am so bummed that I missed the shipment of them.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Islander Girl said...

Super cute! I was debating on getting this!

joni h said...

OK, you're going to laugh, but, I thought that HK had on a thong bikini!!! Then, I realized that it was her feet!! The summer die cuts are really cute!

Denise said...

Very cute! I love the way that you use the "tan" paper.
You are in my prayers during this sad time, I know the feeling. But when you think about him not suffering any more it helps a little. Always think about all the good times, when you get to feeling down.

Marisa said...

Cheryl, this is a very cute die! Your card does bring out the thoughts of summer! Although here in Vegas, we are at 100 degrees already and it's not even June!!

Hope you are well! Have a great day! :)

Joy said...

love those new Hello Kittys! what color CS do you use for her tan? that's really nice! you always do such "perfection"! then we all rush to the store to buy the goods!

Teri said...

Another cute sun kissed kitty! I remember those beach days, which are long gone. Now we hide from the sun, haha! Rather be shopping, for HK dies! Your card is super cute! See you next week!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Super cute, love the little window. TFS!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Oh, so super CUTE!!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...