Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Flower bag revision

I always seem to challenge myself to see how a die can be used in different ways. This die is actually one of the newer released XL dies that Sizzix came out with. It's almost the same as the scallop bag die except this one has a little flower on the edge of the closure. After I cut the pieces out, I made the bag look more like a box.
You can see how the opening is wider and would hold a lot more goodies or treats inside of it. I used Elliot from Dandelion Designs as my image. He's such a happy little guy. The little dots on the box is a stamp from Hero Arts. Can you believe I cannot seem to remember the name of that stamp. Anyways, I embossed it with clear embossing powder to bring the dots out on the cardstock. I love this cardstock from American Crafts.
Here's a shot from the top of the bag/box. As you can see, it is quite big to hold some sweet surprises.
Thanks for stopping by today and hope you're having a great humpday!!!

3 comments:

kris said...

Cheryl - That's really cute! i'm trying to picture it in Halloween colors! it's right around the corner and i need a good idea for Krislen's school treats! TFS!

Jodi said...

So cute, and what a great idea!! Love the pastels!!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Joy said...

love those new sizzix XL dies that are coming out! it's a never ending thing! I love how you made yours into a bigger goodie bag! love that elephant too! he is just so cheerful and cute! have a wonderful weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...