Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hey birthday girl

I have no idea why I made a birthday card since none of my gf's birthdays are in February. But, I had this image already stamped and colored and I found the birthday wishes scrap on my table so I was able to finish this quite fast. I have been wanting to make an easel card for awhile and thought this would be perfect for it.
There are a couple of new things here that I just bought from the store. First, I had to try out this new glitter embossing powder from American Crafts. It is so pretty and embosses well. I used it on the flourish background on this card. Secondly, I just love these new large scallop oval nestabilities from Spellbinders. I bought the ovals and also the square and rectangles. All the stamps used here are from Hero Arts. I found the easel card instructions on Splitcoasters.
Well, thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful rest of the day!!!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I love this color combo! Super cute card too! Everyone's making easel cards... guess I need to try it out too! TFS!

Joy said...

such a cute card...easel cards are so easy to make and you did a fabulous job! those Hero Art stamps...they are just too cute! great job! gotta go check out those new nesties now!!! yay, I have a co-ed game next week...I will stop off at J's!

Jean said...

What a sweet, sweet card, Cheryl!!! That easel card is so cute...gotta try one too!!!

Cyndi said...

super cute! ohh....i really love the new nestabilities! gotta get some!

Charlene said...

Your easel card is the cutest!! I absolutely love it!!I have to learn how to make an easel card. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us!

Little C's Creations said...

eh girlfriend! such a cute creation! sorry I've been MIA, been trying to organize my craft area, and haven't really been in the mood to create. Well, I'm finally coming out of my cave, so hopefully I can stop by more often. Miss chit-chatting with you. Oh, I can be your ONLY gf whose bday is in Feb, mines is on the 26th. Ok, I'll be watching my mail box now, waiting for it to arrive. LOL... love ya sister!!

hugs,
Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...