Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 5 - Gingerbread Man Giftcard Holder

Hello and welcome back to week 5 of the Sizzix triple play blog hop. Please click on the navigation bar on the right side of my blog to get to the next designer. You can hop either forward or backward. For this week's project, we are using Karen Burniston's gift card holder, 3-D pop-up die. I have actually made quite a few gift card holders with this die prior to this week's project.
To decorate the front of my card, I used all Hero Arts stamps. For the gingerbread man, I embossed him with white embossing powder and cut around the stamped image and stuck pearl gemstones for his eyes. The stamp is from a set called Christmas trio.
On the green card background, I used a stamp called happy festive background. And the word is from a stamp set called magic of Christmas.
When you open the card, the gift card holder pops up with the phrase "for you". There are many different themes that you can make with this die. I went with a Christmas theme only because this month is Christmas.
Sorry that the photos are kind of bright but taking photos today was a little challenging due to the rainy weather we were having and I tried my best to make it brighter. Hope it's not blinding you.
Supplies:
656740 - Gift card holder, 3-D pop-up
Hero Arts stamps - LP177 Christmas trio, S5446 Happy festive background, CL462 Magic of Christmas
Pearl gemstones
White embossing powder
Offray red ribbon
Thanks for stopping by and visiting today and don't forget to come back next week Thursday for another Sizzix project! Have a great day!!!

18 comments:

Candice Windham said...

Cheryl, this is so bright and so pretty! I love it!

Beth Watson said...

Love your Hot Pink and Bright Green color scheme!

Karen B said...

Cheryl, I love this! It's bright and cheery and I love that you coordinated your colors to the gift card (or vice versa). Thank you for using my die!

milkcan said...

Oh my gosh! Those gingerbread men are divine!

Anonymous said...

Love the clean bold design.

eileen hull said...

I think your pix are great and really show off the great colors. I'll say it again, love your style!

Happy Honu said...

Cheryl: I love the card, and I especially love the inside of that, I think I have to go down to J's and see it in person ;)

Melony Bradley said...

This design is clean, bright and cheerful

Lynda said...

I love the colors. Very sweet card!

Brenda said...

oooh! such a fancy gch! love those gingerbread men!

Ann Butler said...

Love the colors

Jen Goode said...

so super cute, and I LOVE your choice in colors!

Creative Grammie said...

Hi Cheryl, I love this card, it's very festive and I love gingerbread men.
I was in J's today and I think I bought the last bigz die for this pop-up card. I actually went over my budget today. Oh wait, I went over my budget a long time ago. LOL
Hugs!

Einat Kessler said...

What a cute card. I love the pink and green colors. The gingerbreadmen you added gives the card a very festive touch.

Joy said...

WOW! this is so sweet! I love this GCH and you made it so bright and cheery! love that gingerbread man too! hope you have a fabulous week! hope you are done with your shopping =)

Teri said...

Love this GCH! Very bright and Christmasy! Hope to see you soon! It's been kinda crazy here!

Isabella Costallat said...

Beautiful!!
I love it!!!

HawaiianLibrarian said...

Oh Cheryl! This is sumptuous! Love the brilliant colors. Mahalo for the demo on JoC this week, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...