Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy birthday to my son

My son's birthday is this weekend and since he is a big LA Laker's fan, I thought I'd make a card using their colors. The stamped image is from one of the Greeting Farm sets that I have. I can't remember his name.
I really have a hard time making men or boy cards but I wanted to keep this as simple as possible. The shaker part was quite easy and I thought he would get a kick out of that.
I used Sizzix framelits to make the frame and base of the shaker card. I like the sizes of the framelits more than nestabilities. It's easier to fit these bigger stamped images in them.
The micro beads are Martha Stewart beads that I got from the store.
Here's a closer photo of the beads.
Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Your son is going to LOVE the Laker birthday card. It's adorable and NOT girly. Shaker cards are fun for everyone.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Bet your son will love this shaker card. That's a neat idea to use their colors.

Creations by Shirl said...

Hey Cheryl -
Happy Birthday to your son, and love those yellow/purple combo... and what a cute shaker card too....
Hope you are enjoying your week...
Take Care -
hugs~

Joy said...

gotta love the LAKERS too! great color combo and love that it's a shaker! great job mom! have a good weekend!

Cami said...

Perfect BD card for your son, Cheryl! He'll love this and appreciate that you made it in his fave LA Laker's colors, and that it's a haker card...I like this color combo! I, too, struggle with "male" cards so I hardly ever make them. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...