Tuesday, April 26, 2011

For mom

A couple weeks ago while I was at the store, I decided to buy one of the Magnolia stamps. I'm not too familiar with this line of stamps and I had no idea what I was getting other than it looked oriental. I used a Sizzix pro box called matchbox which my friend Gail sent to me all the way from Georgia. Thanks Gail! And because Mother's Day is coming up, I went with this stamp from Hero Arts because it reminds me that I'm always thinking about my mom. Here's a picture of the box opened and I filled it with a lot of Hershey kisses.
And this is what it looks like without the candy. It's quite big and you could probably fit cookies in there too.
Hope you're having a great week and thanks for stopping by today!!!

11 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

What a sweet and yummy project!

Lynn said...

Oo-oo-ooh -ahhh! You know that I am going to be on the look out for that matchbox die. Your project is precious. Now I wish that I had purchased the Magnolia stamp when I saw it....you know where! I love all the details of your candy box. Guess I need to make another shopping trip to J's.

Creations by Shirl said...

OMG Lynn~
What a precious Magnolia - I'm gonna have to go buy that stamp too. I like how you coordinated the colors really looks oriental.
Luv the matchbox...

Creative Grammie said...

Wow Cheryl, What a great project! I'm not a big fan of Tilda, but she's cute in your project. I am a big fan of matchboxes, even big ones. So, there's a die cut for this one? Hmmm, I think I need to have one. LOL
TFS and warm hugs to you.

Little C's Creations said...

Yummy Cute Creation, Cheryl!! Big Hugs, Jen

Brenda said...

i love this image... i'm a bit biased caused of the oriental flair. beautiful how it all works together on the matchbox.

gmollenkopf said...

I am glad you used the matchbox. The project is beautiful!

Shirley N said...

I'm a big Maggie fan and I love what you did with yours! Love your soft colors and coloring, a "sweet" box in every way!

Joy said...

love those Magnolias. they are so hard because there is no pictures of the actual stamp, so you have to "guess" what they look like! love the one you chose to make! she's so cute! love your coloring and the box is sweet! I need those kinds of ideas! hope you have a good end of the week!

Gracie said...

Very cute box...I love the die cut. Is that from Sizzix? I want something chocolate now...hehehe.

JustYolie said...

What a cute treat box and I love your cherry blossom Magnolia. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...